4 • Checklists • [Editorial (Analog)] • essay through Trevor Quachri
• eight • track to Me • [Floyd and Brittney] • novella through Richard A. Lovett
• forty • lighting fixtures Up the mind: using Electromagnetic Radiation to Stimulate Neurons • [Science truth (Analog)] • essay through Kyle Kirkland
• forty nine • not anything to worry • poem by way of Kate Gladstone
• forty nine • Nothing to worry • inside paintings through uncredited
• 50 • Mousunderstanding • shortstory via Carl Frederick
• 50 • Mousunderstanding • inside paintings by way of Joshua Meehan
• sixty one • Wine, ladies, and Stars • shortstory by way of Thoraiya Dyer
• 70 • this is often As I desire to Be Restored • shortstory via Christie Yant
• seventy three • In occasions to return (Analog, January-February 2014) • [In instances to come back (Analog)] • essay by means of uncredited
• seventy four • Product recollects • poem by way of Mary A. Turzillo
• seventy five • Product recollects • inside paintings by way of uncredited
• seventy six • The Tansy Tree • novelette via Rob Chilson
• seventy six • The Tansy Tree • inside art by means of Zelda Devon
• ninety one • the matter with Reproducible insects • shortstory by means of Marie DesJardin
• ninety six • similar to Grandma Used to Make • shortstory by way of Brenta Blevins
• ninety eight • Racing Prejudice • shortstory through John Frye, III
• a hundred • On Investigating Heretical Gizmos • [The trade View] • essay by way of Jeffery D. Kooistra
• 103 • Technological Plateau • shortstory by means of Michael Turton
• a hundred and ten • This Quiet airborne dirt and dust • shortstory through Karl Bunker
• one hundred ten • This Quiet dirt • inside art by means of Kurt Huggins
• one hundred twenty • made up our minds Spirits • novelette by way of gray Rollins
• 132 • Lockstep (Part 2 of four) • serial via Karl Schroeder
• 132 • Lockstep • inside paintings through Mark Evans
• a hundred and eighty • The Reference Library (Analog, January-February 2014) • [The Reference Library] • essay via Don Sakers
• 181 • assessment: Mars, Inc.: The Billionaire's membership via Ben Bova • assessment via Don Sakers
• 182 • overview: Ghost Spin via Chris Moriarty • evaluation via Don Sakers
• 182 • assessment: at the Razor's facet by way of Michael Flynn • evaluation by way of Don Sakers
• 183 • evaluate: Transcendental by means of James Gunn • evaluation via Don Sakers
• 183 • overview: John Carter and the Gods of Hollywood via Michael D. • evaluation by means of Don Sakers
• 184 • Brass Tacks (Analog, January-February 2014) • [Brass Tacks] • essay through a variety of
• 184 • Letter: the writer Responds ... (Analog, January-February 2014) • essay through Haris A. Durrani
• 186 • Letter (Analog, January-February 2014) • essay by means of Rick Norwood
• 187 • 2013 Index (Analog, January-February 2014) • essay by way of uncredited
• a hundred ninety • It's Anlab Time back (Analog, January-February 2014) • essay through uncredited
• 192 • Upcoming occasions (Analog, January-February 2014) • [Upcoming occasions] • essay by way of Anthony R. Lewis [as through Anthony Lewis ]
Read Online or Download Analog Science Fiction and Fact (January-February 2014) PDF
Similar horror books
"An authoritative consultant to the historical past and present country of myth and horror fiction, this encyclopedia contains entries at the significant writers and works within the genres, a word list of delusion and horror phrases, a bibliography of secondary resources, an inventory of the winners of significant writing awards, and bibliographies for all writers mentioned.
Rolf Rudolph Deutsch goes die. but if Deutsch, a filthy rich journal and newpaper writer, starts off considering heavily approximately his forthcoming dying, he bargains to pay a physicist and mediums, one actual and one psychological, $100,000 each one to set up the evidence of lifestyles after death.
Dr. Lionel Barrett, the physicist, observed via the mediums, trip to the Belasco apartment in Maine, which has been deserted and sealed considering 1949 after a decade of drug habit, alcoholism, and debauchery. For one evening, Barrett and his colleagues examine the Belasco condominium and examine precisely why the townfolks check with it because the Hell House.
The hot NOVEL FROM the writer OF the number 1 BESTSELLER THE STONE MAN
With Luke Smitherd's novels . .. the reader will get to adventure that brilliant and infrequent surprise of experiencing anything new and unique. I had no preconceived concept of what to anticipate with A HEAD packed with KNIVES, and each time i presumed I knew the place the storyline was once heading, Smitherd deftly grew to become down a brand new and unforeseen course. In a box of style fiction overflowing with mediocrity and off ideas--published via huge and small press alike--Luke Smitherd sticks out as a very new and unique voice. " - AintItCoolNews. com
Martin Hogan is being watched, the entire time. He simply doesn't comprehend it yet.
It begun decades in the past, too, even ahead of his spouse died. earlier than he began strolling each day.
Before the walks grew to become an try to discover a liberate from the whirlwind that his mind has develop into. He by no means walks by myself, in fact, even if his 18 month outdated son and his devoted puppy, Scoffer, aren't the best conversationalists.
Then the walks turn into longer. Then the opposite puppy starts off exhibiting up. the large white one, with the humorous having a look head. the one who sits and watches Martin and his kinfolk as they stroll away.
All over the area, the 1st assaults commence. The Brotherhood of the Raid make their lifestyles identified; a leaderless workforce who randomly and inexplicably attack either strangers and household with out explanation.
Martin and the surviving participants of his family members are approximately to discover that those occasions are attached. stuck on the heart of the area because it alterations past reputation, Martin may be confronted with a sequence of very unlikely offerings . .. yet how can a regular and damaged guy work out the unthinkable? What can he almost certainly do with a head choked with knives?
Luke Smitherd (author of the Amazon bestseller THE STONE guy and THE BLACK ROOM sequence) asks you once more to think about what you are going to do in his most up-to-date strange and unique novel. A HEAD choked with KNIVES is a supernatural secret that may not in simple terms switch how you examine animals endlessly, yet will strength you in deciding the destiny of the area while it lies on your hands.
From the writer of desolate tract locations and Locked doorways comes this 40,000-word selection of six tales and novellas.
Perfect Little city – Ron and Jessica Stahl are an influence couple from California, on a Christmas vacation in Colorado. after they cease for the afternoon in sleepy Lone Cone, they're charmed by way of the old fashioned vacationer city. however the folksy hospitality will vanish because the sunlight drops in the back of the mountains. The Stahls couldn't have picked a worse evening of the 12 months to get snowed into this excellent little city with a depressing, darkish secret.
Serial – The vintage horror brief I wrote with J. A. Konrath, during which we flip our realization to the dual golden principles of hitchhiking: # 1: Don't cross hitchhiking, as the driving force who choices you up might be certifiably loopy. # 2: Don't choose up hitchhikers, as the visitor you choose up can be a raving nutcase. So what if, on a few darkish, remoted highway, loopy number one provided a experience to Nutcase #2?
The Newton Boys' final photo – At 25 phrases, the shortest tale I ever wrote. however it packs a wallop.
The Meteorologist – Peter, a disgraced meteorologist and protracted wanderer, has traveled the rustic for years in his Winnebago, looking for the single factor that provides his existence which means. He's simply arrived in the midst of nowhere—Hokie, Kansas—for a similar goal, but if he meets a waitress named Melanie, one other patient, he's confronted not just together with his first actual human touch in years, yet might be somebody who can keep him.
Unconditional – a talk among people—devastating, tragic, and beautiful.
The soreness of Others – Letty Dobesh, a stunning, degenerate thief, is clean out of the clink and again to her outdated tricks—in this situation, burglarizing suites at a luxurious resort in Asheville, North Carolina. but if she's stunned by means of returning site visitors on her final room of the day, she's pressured to conceal within the closet to prevent getting stuck, and inadvertently overhears a hitman being gotten smaller to homicide the spouse of a prosperous lawyer.
Six within the Cylinder additionally comprises introductions to every tale via the writer, an interview with Blake, excerpts from his novels, and an excerpt of The stroll via Lee Goldberg.
- Regina Puckett's Short Tales of Horror
- Graven Image
- Pop Art
- Graverobbers Wanted: No Experience Necessary (Andrew Mayhem, Book 1)
Extra resources for Analog Science Fiction and Fact (January-February 2014)
The chopper sounded closer, practically overhead. They must have registered the explosions. She hoped. But chances were about a zillion to one they’d see anything before she was dead. Or worse. Thanks to B-Ops, Inter-Regional Air Safety wasn’t equipped to deal with paranormal manifestations. Hell, she doubted even anyone in B-Ops was equipped to deal with this fellow. S. would mistake it for a werewolf, and that would be that. S. never interfered with werewolf conversions. Claudia, however, didn’t intend to end up dead or worse.
She collected a drop of glistening gore from the center of the chest cavity, less chance of contamination, then dropped the strip in the vial and broke the chem-release seal. “So, not a dog, not a vamp. Not a human. What the hell is he, then? ” Claudia fell backward onto her butt. Something went squish under her, followed by the odor of something rotting from the inside out. “Oh, crud. This is just gross. ” The vampire plucked something from the ground and handed it to her. Damn preternatural vision.
She roundhouse-kicked again, aiming for the femoral pressure point. The demon stumbled, and then, in a flicker, stood perfectly balanced on cloven hooves. A nice touch. It roared. A scaly arm shot out, fingers going around her throat like a vise. She brought up a knee and kicked the monster in the back, a shot to the dorsal area about as effective as before. She fought off her terror and kneed the bastard again while she threw her weight down and away. Their two bodies hit the ground as she hooked her fingers in its collarbones, sliding a thumb into the soft spot over the carotid artery.